Monday, November 30, 2009

The shirt off my back..... literally.

 For my daughters last day of break, I took her out to breakfast and went to the stores to do a little shopping. She really enjoys the mommy-daughter time. Now when I say "stores" and "shopping" I mean we went to the Community Aid store and bought mommy some cheap shirts because my dog has eaten all of my other clothes. I am quite literally sick to death of finding all of my clothes and sweaters eaten. And it's not just mine, my kids and husband are fighting the same battle. 


It sounds easy to fix, just don't leave clothes for her to eat. But for some reason, she still gets them. Last night she got up on the table into a gift bag and pulled out my daughters brand new shirt from her birthday and ate 1/4 of the sleeve before I saw her!!!! Brand NEW. My army green cardigan and my sons steelers jersey also got destroyed this week. We've tried medicating her with prozac, training her according to a behaviorist, extra attention, exercise and Nada. My husband wants her gone, but she's been with us for 11 years. She is family and you just can't get rid of family for nasty habits. 




So, I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's obviously dangerous for her because eventually she will bite off more than she can chew and it's literally costing us thousands. What to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment