Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oatmeal Spice soap- Natural


Here is my receipe for my basic Oatmeal Spice soap. I make it for me and my kids because we all have sensitive skin. It's also a favorite of some of my friends.

1 lb of either Natural Oatmeal glycerin (or you can use Natural White base and add Collidal Oatmeal)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp powdered clove
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp vegetable glycerin
1 tbsp toasted oatmeal, ground

Melt your base, glycerin and olive oil in a double boiler until fully melted. DO NOT BOIL. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and add cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Pour into molds. Let cool for about 2-3 minutes and then sprinkle toasted oatmeal over soap.

It has a great bubbly lather and is very gentle to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment