Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Kind Diet

First I would like to say, I am not a vegan. I am not a member of PETA and I never will. However, I am a vegetarian by choice. Meat, disgusts me and my stomach always has a hard time with it. Not to mention everytime I ate chicken, I always got that stringy black vein that would hang out and make me gag.  I've been a vegetarian for awhile and would like to try being vegan. I just don't know if I can give up my dairy or eggs. Cheese is awesome. Goats milk makes great soap. So how do I go about changing my diet to improve my health? Frankly, I'm not sure I can. I give kudos to those who can be vegan but I have no idea how to do it myself. I've started reading "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone. I like Alicia and I find her attitude about life and her dedication to the environment compelling. So I'm going to read her book and find out more about the vegan lifestyle and I'll let you know if I decide to go vegan. A book review of sorts.


But that would mean giving up Blizzards from DQ and that is a scary prospect. Of course the fact I'm lactose intolerant should be a deterrent, but it's not. They're just that good!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind review on Link Referral. I will give you a review next!! I just read this blog about maybe going vegan. First of all it's wonderful that you are vegetarian. You have already saved so many animals. It was easy for me to turn vegan when I thought about how dairy wound up on my plate (I too was first vegetarian)I am vegan firstly for the animals, then the planet then health. I'm not sure what your order or reasoning is but learning about the dairy industry maybe helpful. This blog post of mine might also be helpful, http://daisywares.blogspot.com/2009/10/food-for-thought.html

    Good luck to you!!
    Roni Seabury of Daisy Wares

    ReplyDelete