Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh cheese!

Ok, so I finished the book "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone. I have to admit it was really good. Alicia is obviously well informed and has done a lot of research. Her way of approaching the subject of veganism and making changes to better yourself through what you eat is very intriguing. She challenges you without you knowing you're being challenged. It's sort of like the "double dog dare you" that you have to try just to prove you can


So I am intrigued to see if I can do it. To see if I indeed can live my life vegan. I must admit that as a vegetarian I figured it would not be all that different. Boy, was I wrong! I had no idea just how much dairy and egg products were in EVERYTHING. When you actually stop to look in the ingredients it would shock you. No wonder the dairy and egg industry is so huge. Or should I say the Cattle and Chicken industry. Milk and eggs seem to be in everything. 


So today is my third day trying to eat vegan. I feel good. I feel lighter. I have no idea if it's just the thrill of trying a new challenge or if I'm already feeling the effects of no animal products. Time will tell, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment