Sunday, November 15, 2009

Of Grammar and Vampire Candles, Oh My!

In order to bring more traffic to my site I have been using Link Referral. It's a site that requires actual participation in order to get more traffic to your own site. You review a number of sites a day. I actually enjoy it.  One thing I have noticed is how important the name of your website is when it comes to attracting people to your site.
I can't even begin to tell you how many sites I pass by without checking them out because of the name of their site. The name has to stand out and pull people in. It has to make them want to check you out.

A good example I found today is http://www.chickscratch.etsy.com/  This sites name made me want to see more. I'm glad I did too because they have the coolest massage candle. I love the unusual and dark and this candle is simply too cool looking for words. 
Check out this candle: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29064344

Another thing, spelling and grammar. It really is important when trying to attract buyers and looking professional. I know it is a PITA but it is worth it to check your spelling and grammar. An occasional error is fine but when your spelling and grammar is so bad that an English teacher would have a hay day with the red marker, it's a turn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment