Saturday, October 24, 2009

A blue Halloween

I can't believe that Halloween is next Saturday. Despite it being my favorite holiday and also a sacred one for us heathens, I just can't seem to work up any excitement this year. Between trick or treat night, school parties and then Samhain dinner on Saturday I just feel overwhelmed. In fact I can attest to the fact that I am overwhelmed a lot lately. I think my depression is sneaking up on me in spite of being on meds. At night when the lights go out and everything is quiet I find myself with an overwhelming sense of sadness and worry. Money, time and my childhood memories come floating to the surface. It's like drowning.

My kids are running on high octane as of late and I'm trying to find more interactive things to do with them to keep their interest piqued. Is that even possible with a three year old? I'm unable to work in both of my kids school halloween parties so I have to come up with something special for my 5 year old. Maybe a mommy daughter day is in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment