Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Idiots and more Idiots.

A hospital here in PA has decided that as part of there hiring policy, perspective employees will have to be tested for nicotine. If they are smokers, they will not be hired. Now, I think this makes sense. If you are a hospital trying to keep people healthy and preaching healthcare then it seems hypocritical to have employees who smoke.  It's also bad on a business perspective because it raises the costs of health insurance. Why wouldn't they want people to be as healthy as possible? Truly, it only sucks if you are a smoker.
Hospital Policy on Nicotine

Now here is the part that gets me. The comments from all the readers. Everyone blaming Obama and the democrats. Huh? This is a private institution that made the decision not Obama, democrats or anyone else. In fact if you read enough articles you see the same dumb idiots making the same comments on articles time after time. They are starting to sound like parrots. "squawk....Obama's fault.....squawk...damn freedom stealing democrats!" So when do these people take time to breath and pull there heads out of there asses and actually look at the facts? I don't really care which side you are on in the political perspective just look at the facts and make intelligent decisions or comments based on the facts. It had nothing to do with Obama or politics. How hard is that? If you go by the readers and there comments, we are truly doomed by stupidity.

(I apologize to any parrots I may have offended. Of course they are smarter, I am just trying to make a point about how they sound.)

2 comments:

  1. So true about how frustrating to see smoking in hospitals! I'm a non smoking RN.... and I can tell you that it would drive me nuts to see my patients smoking thru their trachs or wheeling their IV pole outside to have a smoke....... like anything, what a destructive addiction....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad. So many of my own family members try year after year to quit and they can't. Second hand smoke is another can of worms. It's one thing to inflict that upon yourself but to make others around you suffer is another story.

    ReplyDelete