Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Cleaning and kicking the can!

Spring Cleaning is here again. I have been an imperfect vegan for two months and I feel awesome. I am actually loving food now. I would actually say, I'm in love with food. Real food. Very slowly I have been replacing the food in my pantry with whole grains, nuts, seeds and organic goodies. You see, despite not wanting to turn into one of those nazi vegans, my kids are eating crap and that had to change. Junk food to the max people! And they ARE my kids. I know that the foods they are eating are junk and yet I buy them so it makes me the guilty one. I won't force them or hubby to be vegan. I will however offer them the best snacks and foods. By virtue of my being the only one who shops or cooks they are already eating more vegan foods.

It's not like I'm not giving something up! In fact, today I will be drinking  my last diet coke in my fridge. That's right, I will no longer be held prisoner to my addiction. No matter how bubbly and sweet it is. I will no longer be going out in a snow storm to get it. I will no longer be stopping after work to restock. I will be a free woman. Bye bye sweet bubbly, caffeinated, aspartame ridden addiction. (I will miss you.........please remember me..... sniff...) 



No comments:

Post a Comment