Friday, December 11, 2009

I don't get it. I just don't care.

I'm a little shocked to see that at the top of the news is ...... Tiger Woods. My question is why? The man plays golf. Yes, he is damn good at playing golf. Is that not what he's famous for? Being good at playing golf? SO why the hell do I care if he was having affairs on his wife? I suppose one could say that he was a role model or people looked up to him and thought he was a good person and they are now disappointed. However, does it not sound reasonable that if you put someone too high on a pedestal that they will eventually disappoint you? Isn't that how this fame game works? 


The fact is, they are all human. No matter how famous. No matter how funny or seemingly wholesome, they all have human lives with human mistakes and human flaws. They really are no better than you and me. The only thing that makes them different (besides lots of money) is that they have cameras in their faces constantly. All eyes are upon them and those eyes are extra critical. So when they do the same damn thing as Uncle Mike or your Aunt susie, they are the monsters. Do we really believe that money and fame puts them above us?


I don't get it. I don't care how many people he has slept with because, I'm not his wife. Does this change how good he is at playing golf? No. 


People are dying as we speak because they don't have the money to pay for the needed meds or treatments. We have people freezing to death on the streets because they have no homes. Soldiers are dying in other countries. Children are starving and being abused everyday. 


But Tiger Woods had multiple affairs. Stop the presses! How dare he disappoint us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment