Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vegan Banana Mango smoothies! Simply divine.

It's starting to feel like summer already. Very Hot. SO I broke out the blender and started making my Vegan fruit smoothies. Not only are the healthy for you, they are low calorie, low fat and the kids love them. Even better, they are incredibly easy.

Rice Milk- I usually pour in about 1/3 full into into the blender. You can use almond milk also but I prefer rice milk.

1 Large banana (peeled obviously)

A handful of frozen mango. You can buy bags of frozen fruit at your grocer. The tropical blends are my favorite.

Ice

1 packet of Truvia or splenda if you want to sweeten it. I like the truvia because not only is it  0 calorie but  it is also aspartame free. You can also use agave nectar.

Blend till smooth. Enjoy!!! No yogurt, sugary syrups or cream. Delicious. Don't be afraid to experiment either. My husband loves to use his chocolate protein powder with banana and mango. It's yummy. Add peanut butter instead of fruit along with some wheat germ for a protein rich treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment