Sunday, February 14, 2010

No flowers or chocolate for me!

For valentines this year, my hubby took care of the kids while I was sick in bed. That may not sound very romantic but it meant the world to me. He's not the most romantic or thoughtful guy. Today when he came home and found me curled up on the couch, almost in tears because my head hurt so bad he insisted on me going to bed and letting him take care of the kids. He did a really good job too. The kids were fed and put to bed happy. No fighting or crying or carrying on . I got to sleep off my headache and wake up to peace and quiet. It's rare.

It was nice. It was just what I needed. No chocolates or flowers. Just a little thoughtfulness. It made me think of him a little softer than before. It was a good valentines gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment