Saturday, January 9, 2010

Old books and great memories.

My daughter found an old copy of "Charlottes Web" today so we've started reading it. It got me thinking of all the books I read and loved as a kid.

A Wrinkle in Time
Black Beauty
National Velvet
The Chronicles of Narnia
Nancy Drew series
The Great Brain
The Mouse and Motorcycle
Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nihm
Where the Red Fern Grows
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Watership Downs
The Cricket in Times Square

I could go on and on. I have an urge to go out and buy them all. They were really great books. Full of adventure and imagination. If it wasn't for my love of reading I have no idea how I would have survived my childhood. It was a way of escaping my life. I quite literally got lost in those books. I wish I could remember more of them! I'll have to start a list on amazon to make sure I remember these.

No comments:

Post a Comment