Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A little bit of sugar

If you read my blogs then you know for certain one thing about me. I HATE the news. I HATE the fear-mongering over inflated and frankly stupid FOX news and other "news" channels. They are not news. News would be reporting what is actually going on, you know "facts". Not the opinions of a biased and frankly ignorant group of people who talk before they think.

So how do I keep up with what's going on in the world? Sometimes I read the Huffington Post. Sometimes I read what comes up on Latest Headlines or what is posted in the local news. But my favorite is Satirical news. Its news with a dose of sugar in the form of humor to make it go down a little better. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or The Colbert Report, make news fun and you still get some facts mixed in. Frankly, it makes me not want to go jump off a bridge. I recently came across a great blog, One Nation Under Mom that really had me rolling and I highly recommend. Yes, it's satire and opinion but it's funny. Best of both worlds. Check it out, and enjoy it. Life is too damn short for anything else.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with ya about the news, makes me want to rock in a corner. I LOVE Jon Stewart and watch him all the time. I'd like for him to be my luvah, but he's married with a kid and so am I....but a girl can dream can't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep dreaming girl! It's good for the soul:-)

    ReplyDelete